Title: Windows System Administrator
Location: Alpharetta, GA 30022
Our client is seeking a Windows System Administrator for a full time, permanent position in Alpharetta, GA. This role will provide technical analysis, installation, maintenance, and modification of all Windows server environment and Storage Area Networks (SAN). The Windows System Administrator will assist in determining operating system software architecture ensuring hardware/software compatibility, and evaluate and recommend new hardware and operating system software products.
Client Details: Our client currently ranks as a worldwide leader in their product with a preeminent position in their products line. They offer the broadest portfolio of products and services in their industry. The company has over 5,000 employees, 600 full-time professionals dedicated to R&D, and operations in 30 countries across five continents – reinforcing the company's commitment to provide products that are empowering the next generation of cutting edge technology and relevant social discussions.
Windows System Administrator Responsibilities:
· Plan, design and implement enterprise system solutions that support the company’s goals and direction.
· Develop high level designs and supporting documentation for operational support.
· Provide operational support for the windows server platform.
· Provide operational support for the VMWare server platform.
· Provide operational support for the SAN platform.
· Analyze trending, perform statistical analysis, and create reports for an executive audience to support the need for scalability, reliability, survivability, and increased MTBF (mean time between failure).
· Oversee installations, tests, and implementations of system hardware, software, manufacturer’s maintenance releases and utilities.
· Assists team personnel in resolution of hardware and operating system and application software problems.
· Analyze system performance to ensure it is meeting availability and performance objectives.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· College degree; preferred in IT discipline
· 5-10 Years of experience as an enterprise Windows Server Administrator
· 1-5 Years of experience with Vmware/VSphere
· 2-5 Years of SAN Management experience (EMC, Hitachi, NetApp)
· 1-5 Years of Solaris/Unix/Linux experience a plus
· Knowledge of LDAP commands and administration
· Expert knowledge of carving up LUNs and presenting storage to hosts
· Strong power shell scripting skills
· Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity
· Solaris/Unix Sys Admin Experience a Plus
· Knowledge of ITIL v3 a Plus
· Strong articulate communication skills; written and verbal to a variety of audiences
Please contact John Wagner at:
Synergis is a woman-owned company that serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognitions by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Recently named the Best Place to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 10 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.