Synergis Offers Employees Extended
Maternity Leave, Additional Benefits
Newly introduced leave benefits further Synergis’ long-term commitment to strong work/life balance
ATLANTA, GA, DECEMBER 2, 2015 – Corporate employees at staffing and workforce solutions firm Synergis are encouraged to take advantage of the company’s extensive benefits package that includes a 12 week maternity leave, up to five weeks paid time off (PTO) and flexible work schedules. Synergis’ benefits policy was designed to strengthen work/life balance for its workers and create happier, healthier employees. Synergis has long encouraged its employees to enjoy time outside of work, regardless of how they choose to spend it. Among the extensive leave and medical benefits are Synergis’ maternity and paternity policies:
- Birth mothers who are also primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of paid leave to both recuperate medically and spend key bonding time with their children
- Primary caregivers who are not also the birth mother receive six weeks paid leave to spend important bonding time with their children
- Non-primary caregivers receive two weeks paid leave to spend with their families
More than 70 percent of the 40 person in-house Synergis team operates in direct production roles, and extended leaves require a collaborative, supportive culture at Synergis year-round. The policy works because of the dual commitment between Synergis leadership and team members.
“Many employers are nervous about giving their workers the freedom to take time off or work from home for fear that productivity will drop,” said Synergis CEO Doug Ross. “We trust our employees with this freedom because we know they and their teams will get their work done. We take care of our employees and their families, and this undoubtedly creates a more productive workplace. It’s absolutely worked for us.”
Janna Tucker, recruiting director for Synergis, recently partook in the company’s leave policy. Tucker had just launched sync, the creative division of Synergis, one year prior to taking maternity leave. “Leaders are truly successful only when their teams can succeed without them. To be honest, I was super nervous about being gone for such a long time; however, after spending such a special time with my little girl (that I will never get back), I would do it all over again. I better understand the importance of taking time off work and how we all need some flexibility in our lives. My work and family life overlap, and I’m blessed I work for a company that supports me in that life.”
Additional Synergis leave benefits for all corporate employees include:
- Short- and long-term disability insurance coverage paid for by Synergis
- Three to five weeks of PTO each year, based on tenure
- 11 paid holidays
- A paid, four week sabbatical every five years
- Five days of bereavement leave for the passing of a family member or loved one
- Flexible work schedules and telecommuting
- Summer hours program that includes shortened work days every Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Generous medical benefits
Read more about Janna Tucker’s experience with Synergis’ benefits here.
Synergis is a staffing and workforce solutions partner serving thousands of businesses and job seekers nationwide. Choosing specialization over a generalized recruiting approach, Synergis helps IT professionals and creative marketing talent build great careers by carefully matching their abilities to the needs of client businesses. Find out how Synergis is reshaping what hiring success looks like in the IT and creative marketing sectors at www.synergisit.com.
For more information contact: