IOMT Cybersecurity Specialist
IoMT Cyber Security Specialist
Up to 65% travel
- Utilize hardening guides to coordinate and execute controls to reduce the potential attack surface in the medical/IoT device environment.
- Work with other Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) professionals in delivering a robust cybersecurity program.
- Work with clinical operations to coordinate access to the medical device through a combination of virtual and onsite support to address high/critical vulnerabilities.
- Partner with application owners to ensure the medical device IT controls are compliant by tracking and reporting of vulnerability remediation activities.
- Build stakeholder relationships with key vendors, KP cybersecurity consultants and program leads, system administrators, application owners and network strategy consultants.
- Stay current with the latest cybersecurity related trends and best practices.
- This is not an exhaustive list; other relevant duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the needs and discretion of the business.
What Success Looks Like:
- Demonstrate collaborative and cross-functional execution success across the clinical departments, network security, biomedical engineering, and clinical application system administrator teams.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn.
- Enjoy working in a fast pace ever-changing environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages for technical support, clinical operations, vendors, and leadership.
- Able to bring clarity to complexity and communicate cybersecurity requirements to application owners.
- Balance of EQ & IQ.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years’ experience in technology, biomedical engineering, and/or cybersecurity within a healthcare environment.
- In-depth technical knowledge of clinical technology (i.e., devices and systems) used in at least two clinical specialties along with an understanding of the related clinical practices.
- In-depth knowledge of information technologies as they relate to networking, integration, and interoperability of clinical technologies.
- Experience in routinely performed corrective and planned maintenance activities on medical devices. Analyzes and corrects equipment malfunctions to include engaging the manufacturer to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. : Restores equipment to manufacturers’ specifications. Works with clinical personnel to correct operator-based problems.
- Ability to follow the manufacturer’s planned maintenance instructions and uses knowledge and experience to test and maintain biomedical instrumentation not having specific maintenance procedures.
- Familiar with HTM modalities, radiologic technology, safety requirements, electrical and mechanical systems, networking theory, Regulatory standards governing all aspects of imaging equipment.
Preferred Certifications or Equivalent
- Comp TIA
- Comp TIA Security+
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- Comp TIA PenTest+
- Certification in medical instrumentation by military, RSTI, ACI, HIMSS, ACCE, ISC2, SANS (GIAC), , or similar organization preferred.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, social science, education, business, health care or related field and Minimum three (3) years working in IT or operations. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Associate degree in biomedical instrumentation maintenance and repair, OR DOD military training
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to Sumner Pirkle at email@example.com. If you require assistance or an accommodation in the application or employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more