this is a hybrid role that allows for largely remote work, with the expectation to be in the office each Wednesday and other times as required.
Application Analyst Job Summary
Application Analyst, Nuclear Technology Solutions – This job will be filled as an Exempt Level 4, 5 or 6, depending on the qualifications of the successful candidate. This position is responsible for the implementation of new applications, upgrades to existing applications, and support for interfaces between applications supported by the Nuclear Technology Solutions Applications Portfolio to support the fleet of three nuclear plants and the corporate office. This position partners with the nuclear business to understand their processes and apply technology to improve productivity and efficiencies and to reduce cost. This is a hybrid role that allows for largely remote work, with the expectation to be in the office each Wednesday and other times as required.
Application Analyst Job Experience & Education
- Familiarity with Windows 10, MS-Office, and Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology or related technical field, is highly preferred.
- Experience supporting, implementing, integrating, and supporting vendor application solutions is preferred
- Experience supporting both Web and Windows client solutions is preferred
- Database experience with Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL is preferred
- Experience with applications in a Citrix environment is preferred
- Nuclear plant application support experience is desired
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) is preferred
- Application development experience in .NET, C#, JAVA and/or Angular is preferred
- Experience with web services, Web API, Entity Framework and LINQ is preferred
Application Analyst Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Communicates effectively (verbal & written) with all levels of client, peer and management
- Build strong relationships across the Southern Company Technology Organization to leverage project teams including areas such as server, database, network support, technology security, etc.
- Build strong relationships across the business.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Design skills with ability to develop and document detailed technical specifications
- Strong customer service orientation
- Vendor management skills
- Delivers consistently on customer commitments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand technology issues
- Proven ability to plan/organize and prioritize work assignments
- Compliance with Southern Company Technology Organization standard development methodologies and change management practices
Application Analyst Behavioral Attributes
- Acts with speed and decisiveness
- Stays abreast of new technologies and techniques in the market
- Must be flexible and able to change directions quickly and comfortably
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Thinks strategically
Application Analyst Other Requirements
- Signature of Intellectual Property Agreement is required for all Southern Company Technology Organization employees
- Signature of Vogtle 3&4 – EPC Confidentiality Agreement is required for all Southern Company Technology Organization employees supporting Southern Nuclear
- Successful completion of Southern Nuclear Background Investigation (including credit history/check) is required for employment
- Participation in Random Drug/Alcohol Testing is a requirement of employment
- Some travel may be required
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more