12 month contract
Birmingham – Hybrid
Application Developer Job Responsibilities
- Develop application enhancements with complex business requirements including custom data interfaces, security and compliance regulations, and standards from electric industry groups
- Convert existing stand-alone solutions into CloverDX Data Services
- Develop and deploy application changes using JetBrains IntelliJ IDE, SonarQube code analysis, Sonatype Nexus suite, GitHub Enterprise source code management and similar software development tools
- Create schema alteration and bulk data load SQL scripts to support application changes
- Manage changes to production solutions using change management practices including source code management, creation of formal deployment procedures and back-out plans, quality testing, documentation, etc.
Application Developer Job Requirements
- 4+ years in the field of application development or software engineering
- 2+ years of experience with Spring Framework
Application Developer Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency with Git/GitHub Enterprise for source code management
- Experience with AngularJS 1.x and Bootstrap 3
- Experience Spring Boot
- Knowledge of various software development techniques including object-oriented design patterns
- Knowledge of traditional, Agile, and DevOps software development lifecycle methods
- Knowledge of secure software development best practices
- Knowledge of web development technologies, architectures, and software development tools
- Knowledge of relational database requirements analysis, schema design, and query construction
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of IT change management processes
- Organizational skills to plan and carry out system projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (understand customer requirements and create training and support documents, specifications, and action plans)
- Interpersonal skills (work directly with multiple levels of Company personnel including development, operations, security, and compliance personnel)
Application Developer Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of relational database programming and performance tuning
- Knowledge of software development and CI/CD environments/tools (such as JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, and Nexus Repository)
- Knowledge of Java application server environments such as Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge of LDAP
- Knowledge of Windows-based and UNIX-based application server platforms
- Knowledge of local area network and wide area network communication
- Knowledge of ETL tools, including CloverDX and OSI EITK
- Knowledge of data historians such as AVEVA PI System or AVEVA eDNA
Application Developer Behavioral Attributes
- Exhibit Our Values (Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment) in all business dealings
- Self-motivated with attention to details, accuracy, follow-up, and continuous learning
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Experience with and an eagerness to work within a structured development process with strong change management controls
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive team and work environment
Disclosure: The pay range for this position is $55.00 to $65.00 hourly (dependent on factors including but not limited to client requirements, experience, statutory considerations, and location). Benefits available to full-time employees: medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 401k *Note: Disclosure as required by the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (CO), NYC Pay Transparency Law, and sb5761 (WA).
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to Rebecca Blackler at email@example.com.
If you require assistance or an accommodation in the application or employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more