Application Solutions Architect
Hybrid | Atlanta, Georgia
With full support of our client’s Management Council, the electric operating companies recently approved a four-year business initiative leveraging technology to help the electric operating companies realize the vision for a modernized, efficient digital customer experience to deeply engage with our customers and provide a more personalized experience. The initiative will implement new CIS (Customer Information System) and MDM (Meter Data Management) systems, along with an advanced analytics platform, enhanced customer engagement tools for our customers and a modern agent desktop. The program will impact all 4.2 million electric customers across all our customer engagement channels (Voice Response Unit, web portals, mobile app, etc.) and includes billing over $52 billion annually for our client. This initiative is focused on the electric operating companies. The project team will consist of an estimated 450 internal and external resources spread across five workstreams.
Each Leader, Technology (CIS/MDM) position is responsible for the oversight, management, and delivery of critical activities within the Technology Workstream required for the program.
The successful candidate will remain an employee of the operating company while reporting to the CIS/MDM Project Team and may report to a SCS or operating company leader for delivery. There will be alignment for technology employees to the technology leaders and business employees to business leaders.
This role is responsible for supporting and implementing key technology including the overall technology architecture for the new CIS/MDM solution and its various software and middleware integration components. These components include the new Customer Information (CIS) and Meter Data Management (MDM) systems, along with the advanced analytics platform, and the enhanced customer engagement tools for our customers and call center agents.
This solutions architect will have direct responsibility for making decisions on the technology and processes used to share customer and meter data with 400 applications. The architect will lead the group in making key decisions about the architecture including design and standards for the solutions, platforms, applications, security, and data, as well as system and application integrations to ensure maximum availability, fault tolerance, scalability, performance, security, disaster and cyber resiliency, and overall ease of maintenance, management, and migration including across data centers. This team will help ensure holistic approaches and best designs for solutions and for data flows and data synchronizations between applications.
The architect is responsible for linking the business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to its technology strategy, and will document these using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
This role will collaborate with the other CIS/MDM Technology Managers and Architects and other delivery leaders across the CIS/MDM program workstreams and across the Technology organization to make key decisions about the architectural design, integration, data conversion and legacy application remediation strategy as well as the various tools and environments required for the program. These roles must coordinate across the Technology Organization to ensure the new solutions meet our client’s software and security standards and will be responsible for managing dependencies across departments.
The architect will operate across organizational and computing groups to drive common approaches and expose information assets and processes across the enterprise. Their goal will be to deliver an architecture that supports the most efficient and secure technology environment meeting the company’s business needs.
The architect is responsible for strategy, planning, roadmaps, and working with other organizations on lifecycle planning to ensure the proper design and architecture exist for hosting our client’s applications and services. The architect must remain familiar with industry guidance, frameworks, and best practices. They maintain strategic relationships with key technology vendors, lead efforts toward setting and revising standards, create reference architectures, engineering templates, and design infrastructure and technical solutions.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is desirable or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in, IT (Information Technology), with at least 2 years of experience leading data integration efforts.
- Strong knowledge and experience designing, configuring, and supporting integration solutions, including API, data virtualization, Web Services, ETL, scheduled processes and other complex integrations.
- Experience in Customer Information Systems, Power Delivery Systems, and/or knowledge of related business processes is desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of big data practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of information technology with an extensive understanding of application development technologies and methodologies.
- Experience establishing and defining technology strategies and roadmaps that meet the strategic and operational objectives of the business.
- Must have experience leading data integration projects.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, initiative to influence change, proactive thinker.
- The individual will need to be able to function in a fast-paced changing environment, manage changing priorities, be responsive, dependable, and discerning when supporting the business and coworkers.
- The individual must multi-task efficiently, manage projects, work independently with little supervision, and keep assignments organized by planning their work and meeting project deadlines.
- Knowledge of DevOps and API design management is desirable.
- Experience working with reporting and analytics requirements is a plus.
- Experience in managing multiple small projects and initiatives.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner and collaborate with the data consumers to understand business processes and requirements.
- Map business processes and requirements to technical requirements.
- Design and architect solutions to meet business processes and requirements.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of integration and middleware software components for the sharing of data.
- Contribute to process improvement efforts such as issue tracking and resolution as well as knowledge management and collaboration.
- Responsible for reviewing and remediating enhancements and impacts provided with patches and releases.
- Consult on solution capabilities, support end user needs and manage complex business processes.
- Influence future product direction through user group participation.
- Experience identifying business needs, communicating expectations to partners, validating quality, and managing the timeline to deliver.
- Facilitate technical guidance and direction to developers and analysts, including contractors and vendor resources.
- Ensure work is quantified and tracked by enforcing discipline requiring utilization of ticket management tool (Agility and Remedy CRQ’s)
- The Solution Architect will serve as the functional product owner within the middleware and integration solutions.
- The role will be focused on maximizing the value of technology solutions by maintaining a quality environment, managing complex business processes, and partnering with external vendors and Information Technology to enhance/deploy new capabilities.
- The lead will partner with other areas of the Technology Organization and business partners in applying industry best practice to product configurations and consult with their teams and on system capability and how to best leverage existing functionality, as well as translate business requirements into technology solutions.
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more