Application Solution Architect
Application Solution Architect
Application Solution Architect
Direct Hire | Remote
Synergis’ client, a nonprofit allied health school with a national presence, has engaged us in a search for a Application Solution Architect to add to their expanding team! This person will architect and implement technical solutions across the full suite of the client’s applications for both employees’ and students’ audiences. The candidate must be open minded and interested in continuous learning, while being curious and unafraid to ask questions, willing to innovate and initiate change, discover innovative solutions and present new ideas. This person will collaborate with their peers in enterprise architecture, development, data team, infrastructure and operations, security, and project management office (PMO) to design and develop a multi-year program that transforms the client’s applications to be highly reliable, elastically scalable, and resilient.
Application Solution Architect | Background and Scope
- Lead the architecture and design of technical solutions.
- Clearly communicates design concepts to the key stakeholders and ensure the proposed architectures and designs follow industry standard methodologies and are efficient.
- Partner with business analysts and EA architecture team members to lead detailed discovery and translate business intents and requirements into scope of work, specifications, and required deliverables.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to proactively establish technical direction, roadmaps (priority and timing), KPI’s, and plan for and manage solution obsolescence.
- Propose the optimal IT/Infrastructure components appropriate to the solution to ensure design contributions meet system architecture based on functional and non-functional requirements.
- Advocate for sound system monitoring, quality assurance and security by design practices and competencies.
- Drive a center of excellence in low code / no code capabilities using the Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents) to ensure proper governance and extend process automation and improvement to the business units.
- Maintain and exhibit technical currency and proficiency, particularly with Microsoft technology, including the Azure platform.
- Facilitate modern agile (most likely based on the scaled agile framework) and DevSecOps practices (on the Microsoft DevOps platform).
- Partner with enterprise data platform peers on access, extraction, transformation, master data management, business intelligence and analytics requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Application Solution Architect | Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering, computer science or a similar discipline
- 10+ years of experience in solutions architecture and most recently in Azure based solutions.
- Hands-on experience in designing, coding, and deploying enterprise-based products and systems to the market.
- Has led multiple transitions or designed migrations of on-prem solutions to the Cloud.
- Significant experience and certifications with Microsoft Azure, architecture, engineering, information systems development, microservices, networking and data integration.
- Experience designing green field projects based on C# and .NET framework in technologies including AKS, Azure Service Bus, Kubernetes, SQL, Cosmos, and Azure Data Factory.
- Deep technical depth with information technology architecture, patterns, and platforms, integrating SaaS solutions and the ability to map solution requirements to the right pattern or technology, establish best process / practice, and develop others’ technical capabilities.
- Ability to develop and clearly articulate solution architecture and technology and lead teams via influence through ambiguity and complexity to a new way of working and to support program, process, and organizational transformation.
- Natural curiosity to learn, ask questions, identify mistaken assumptions, and bring an open-minded approach. A high level of initiative and results focused.
Application Solution Architect | Preferred
- Master’s degree, preferably in software engineering, computer science or a similar technical discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of client-side, solution development and architecture experience.
- Experience with higher education technology, data, student information, learning and systems like Anthology, Brightspace D2L and similar.
Our client is headquartered in Tampa, Florida and they offer healthcare education with content-rich, interactive online courses as well as hands-on training. As a nonprofit healthcare educational institution, they focus on workforce training, recruiting, and retention while offering academic advising, one-on-one tutoring, resume and interview coaching, job search assistance, and technical support. They are committed to equipping and empowering students to excel in healthcare careers.
Disclosure: The pay range for this position is $150,000.00 to $155,000.00 base salary (dependent on factors including but not limited to client requirements, experience, statutory considerations, and location). Benefits available to full-time employees: medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 401k *Note: Disclosure as required by the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (CO), NYC Pay Transparency Law, and sb5761 (WA).
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more