Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
FullStack Java Developer
12 Month Contract
Birmingham, Alabama | Hybrid
This position will include all aspects of web application development including enhancement of existing applications, bug fixes and security updates, database schema design, support for standard and custom components, and application configuration and maintenance. This position requires knowledge of web application development, SQL databases, and software development life cycle processes. The candidate will need to deal with topics like CI/CD, GIT, scripting, API interactions, code quality, advanced version control topics, and more.
- Develop application enhancements with complex business requirements including custom data interfaces, security and compliance regulations, and standards from electric industry groups
- Convert existing stand-alone solutions into CloverDX Data Services
- Develop and deploy application changes using JetBrains IntelliJ IDE, SonarQube code analysis, Sonatype Nexus suite, GitHub Enterprise source code management and similar software development tools
- Create schema alteration and bulk data load SQL scripts to support application changes
- Manage changes to production solutions using change management practices including source code management, creation of formal deployment procedures and back-out plans, quality testing, documentation, etc.
- Adhere to all guidelines, policies, and established work practices.
- 4+ years in the field of application development or software engineering
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency with Git/GitHub Enterprise for source code management
- Experience with AngularJS 1.x and Bootstrap 3
- Experience with Spring Framework, specifically Spring Boot
- Knowledge of various software development techniques including object-oriented design patterns
- Knowledge of traditional, Agile, and DevOps software development lifecycle methods
- Knowledge of secure software development best practices
- Knowledge of web development technologies, architectures, and software development tools
- Knowledge of relational database requirements analysis, schema design, and query construction
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of IT change management processes
- Organizational skills to plan and carry out system projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (understand customer requirements and create training and support documents, specifications, and action plans)
- Interpersonal skills (work directly with multiple levels of Company personnel including development, operations, security, and compliance personnel)
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of relational database programming and performance tuning
- Knowledge of software development and CI/CD environments/tools (such as JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, and Nexus Repository)
- Knowledge of Java application server environments such as Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge of LDAP
- Knowledge of Windows-based and UNIX-based application server platforms
- Knowledge of local area network and wide area network communication
- Knowledge of ETL tools, including CloverDX and OSI EITK
- Knowledge of data historians such as AVEVA PI System or AVEVA eDNA
*Note: Disclosure as required by the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (CO), NYC Pay Transparency Law, and sb5761 (WA).
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more