People first culture (where ideas are valued, people are encouraged, and collaboration happens). For Synergis, this isn’t just a catchy marketing line. It is something our team strives for a day in and day out. At Synergis, we have successfully put people to work for more than 23 years. And we don’t just recruit the best talent for our clients. We employ them too! Come join one of the best staffing companies to work for and see for yourself.
Synergis is hiring a Human Resource Generalist: Compensation & Benefits! The Human Resource Generalist handles a variety of tasks to ensure the smooth daily operations of the Human Resource (HR) department, including serving as back-up to the other members of the Human Resources department. Focal areas for this role include oversight, maintenance, and implementation of benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k). This role will also incorporate salary administration, serving as a liaison with Payroll resources.
Your typical day might include:
- Handles benefits and employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Resolve problems with the carrier representatives.
- Assist HR manager in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the company.
- Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Assist HR manager in completing benefits reporting requirements.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Accumulates, tracks and analyzes weekly workforce data to ensure compliance with the Affordable Care Act.
This opportunity might be right for you if…
- You have a strong work ethic.
- You take ownership and “get things done.”
- You are organized and can shift priorities to match changing needs.
- You focus on the customer. You listen to understand business needs and adapt your approach to meet those needs.
- You work collaboratively and solve problems. You enjoy digging in and finding creative solutions.
- You act with integrity. You believe in doing the right thing 100% of the time.
- You enjoy interacting with people. You communicate clearly and persuasively. You are comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
- You are open to change and embrace opportunities for improvement.
- You have a knack for negotiating and formulating win-win solutions.
As a team member at Synergis you’ll enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Three weeks of paid time off – increases every year up to 5 weeks off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Program
- And More!
- Prior Human Resources Generalist experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of employment benefits administration experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in employee compensation.
For more information about Synergis, visit our website, www.synergishr.com.