Infrastructure Analyst, Infrastructure Integration
Atlanta, GA or Birmingham, AL
This position is responsible for engineering, implementing, maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting add-on software in support of application infrastructure. These add-on software products include Web Servers, Middleware, File Transfer, Content Publishing, DNS/DHCP Services, Certificate provisioning, Load Balancing and Application Delivery appliances, Application Firewalls, Enterprise Integration Broker software, etc.
The position performs and coordinates engineering, installation, and support efforts to ensure that business solutions are implemented and supported requiring infrastructure integration services. The position works closely with Infrastructure Solutions personnel to insure proper engineering, implementation and configuration of new technologies. The position works closely with the Development Services, TO Security, other Computing Services teams, and various application portfolios to insure implementation of application integration strategies. The position also works closely with the IT Service Center and Infrastructure Operations Center to ensure that proper procedures are in place to support end-user requests and to populate the IT Knowledge Base. The position provides technical expertise and guidance to maintain the performance, reliability, stability compliance, and security of production application infrastructure.
- Engineers, configures and implements application infrastructure add-on software
- Troubleshoots problems involving application infrastructure add-on software and performs Root Cause Analysis
- Administers application Infrastructure add-on software on a daily basis
- Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion
- Identify, develop, validate and document work processes that increase team effectiveness
- Monitor performance and identify performance improvement options
- Provide second-level support to other areas, both within and out of the Technology Organization
- Diagnose and resolve client problems within service level time frames
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to callouts. Participate in project and deployment support of products after hours and on weekends as necessary.
- Develop and implement project plans according to Infrastructure Services guidelines
- Develop and maintain good client relationships
- Communicate progress, problems and best practices to management, leads and team
- General knowledge of information technologies (those currently used within the system and new technologies)
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
- Ability to negotiate with and influence others – internally as well as vendors
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to provide and accept feedback
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge in one or more of the Infrastructure Integration add-on software products
- Specific knowledge of data network and computer system security and general knowledge of other IT infrastructure components
- Expertise in Windows Server operating systems or Linux Server operating systems and working knowledge of the other.
- Working knowledge of networking as well as how services like DNS, DHCP, and firewall integrate with and impact communications.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineering, installation and maintenance of application infrastructure and systems. 40%
- Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion, problem resolution and change management. 10%
- Provide full life-cycle management for application infrastructure and systems. 30%
- Diagnose and resolve problems to meet service level expectations. 10%
- Participate in departmental initiatives. 5%
- Communicate progress, problems and best practices to management, leads and teammates. 5%
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more