Title: Instructional Designer
Duration: 12 Month Contract
Location: Portland, OR
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of platforms, we make the product portfolio possible.
Training Excellence (T-Rex) is a team within Technical Infrastructure who creates innovative learning experiences for data center teams. T-Rex supports learning and development for critical and technical operations across all regions so employees can safely and effectively do work at scale.
Instructional Designer Overall Responsibilities:
As an Instructional Designer, you will create and continuously improve training solutions using an array of educational approaches. These approaches include development of blended learning including eLearning, ILT/VILT, VR, microlearning, video, and multimedia assets. You will partner with project stakeholders and subject matter experts to design curriculum and develop innovative solutions supporting Data Centers.
Instructional Designer Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Design and develop learning solutions in a variety of formats, including but not limited to e-learning, videos, gamification, VR experiences, job aids, infographics, ILT/VILT, and storyboards.
- Work with subject matter experts to write, edit, and proofread course content.
- Lead meetings with key stakeholders, manage timelines, and drive projects to completion
Instructional Designer Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Education: BA/BS Degree, or equivalent experience. Preferable in Instructional Design or L&D not required.
- 1+ years of instructional design and course development working in cross-functional teams delivering learning solutions with subject matter experts, project stakeholders, multimedia creators, and other instructional designers.
- 1+ years experience developing training in course authoring tools like Evolve, Storyline 360, Rise, or Captivate
- Proficient in L&D principles, defining learning objectives and measures of success.
Instructional Designer Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience working with Learning Management Systems (Intellum).
- Skilled in Evolve, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, Asana, G Suite
- Experience creating visual assets for web or video