IT Application Supervisor, Batch
IT APPLICATION SUPERVISOR
NEEDS TO LIVE NEAR ATLANTA, GA , BIRMINGHAM, AL, OR GULFPORT, MS
This Supervisor will have direct responsibility for leading a team responsible for the implementation and delivery of a middleware batch integration environment. The team will support specific integrations and programs to run critical batch processing for customer information systems and meter data management including billing, readings, payments, service orders, collections and other functionality related to the Customer to Meter systems. This team will include 6 employees consisting of platform and product owners, batch integration specialists, and developers, The Supervisor will also be responsible for leading partner system integrators and vendor partner resources.
This technical team will work with application developers and subject matter experts and will be skilled in scripting and product configuration to assist with business logic and driving automation. The team will be skilled in managing batch workloads to meet overall key performance indicators and running validation and balancing control points to demonstrate the accuracy and completeness of the workflows. The team will also work with engineering and architecture counterparts to onboard new technologies and platforms for delivering the business functionalities related to batch middleware and integration.
This workstream will support conversion of legacy batch and implementation of new functionality required to meet business needs for customer service, meter data management systems and integrating applications. This workstream will be responsible for building and maintaining batch processing for lower environments for the project and software development lifecycle.
This team will also assist with procedures to correct or resolve exceptions and will assist with automation to address both emergency and root cause for operational issues. The team will track and remediate product vulnerabilities and will track and satisfy disaster recovery testing requirements for all services.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is desirable or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in IT (Information Technology), with at least 2 years of experience leading highly technical teams in infrastructure, architecture, application development, or integration fields.
- Comprehensive knowledge of information technology with an extensive understanding of application development technologies and methodologies.
- Experience establishing and defining technology strategies and roadmaps that meet the strategic and operational objectives of the business.
- Broad knowledge of the utility business functions and an understanding of how the Technology Organization adds value to these organizations.
- Experience in Customer Information Systems, Power Delivery Systems, and/or knowledge of related business processes is desirable.
- Knowledge of DevOps and API design management is desirable.
- Experience in computer tools, development, and architecture related activities.
- Experience working with reporting and analytics requirements is a plus.
- Experience building strong teams and high performing organizations.
- Experience leading and operating in a critical operations environment with changing business dynamics.
- Ability to lead and manage through change. Should be recognized as a change agent.
- Outstanding credibility and demonstrated ability to build strong relationships within the company and industry, as well as with vendors/suppliers.
- Ability to lead external vendor.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinker, and excellent team player
- Familiar with agile, waterfall and hybrid project frameworks and methodologies
- Continuous learner
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate all development, test and production environment needs in support of overall project timelines.
- Support and implementation of non-converted data retention platform managed within the Customer and Meter Data Management workstream.
- Review work products and deliverables to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Focus on development of team resources to sustain ongoing support once the program is completed and systems are in production. Provide growth opportunities for team members throughout the project to build the next generation of leaders both technical as well as business.
- Maintain leadership engagement and consult/inform leaders across the organization on key decisions that have cross-functional impacts.
- Resolves resource challenges and engages additional resources from the Technology Organization, Business and external vendors as needed to provide SME (Subject Matter Expert) assistance or support project activities during peak project times.
- Model and manage the program consistent with Our Client’s values.
- Recognize team members for significant milestones as well as interim smaller milestones to maintain project momentum, people morale and motivation, and overall employee engagement.
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more