Program Manager II
Mountain View, CA
Title: Program Manager II
Anticipated Duration: 12 Month Contract
Location: Mountain View, CA
Part of our mission in DevRel is to connect our product with our developer community through high quality events and content, and help champion developers' feedback internally for a better product platform.
Events and community engagement are essential to us. We run a handful of marquee events ranging from private feedback summits to large scale technical developer summits. For instance, every year, we have a large presence at I/O through rich content tracks and an engaging sandbox presence. We plan and organize Dev Summit – our annual tentpole event for professional developers – with deep technical sessions, office hours, and networking opportunities. Throughout the year, we also provide support to many smaller scale events which tie to our product priorities – such as developer bootcamps, feature preview events and more. We create a streamlined process to help teams on DevRel to run effective events.
Bring your experience with events and community engagement to our developer programs team, for an opportunity to drive the execution of some of our events and develop and improve our processes.
The ideal candidate for this position is a project and program manager at the core, comfortable working in a dynamic environment and remaining flexible to the changing needs of the team and organization; someone who's passionate about the events space and is capable of establishing and maintaining relationships with different stakeholders, agencies, and vendors, and propose and deploy solutions that address the team's needs and deliver a smooth experience for all event participants.
Program Manager Responsibilities include:
- Full event management and production including all aspects of event logistics (venue management, catering, transportation, etc.), development of content, promotions and other event-related marketing responsibilities.
- Driving and building post-event reports and conducting retrospectives to come up with next steps for improvement.
- Developing processes for consistently tracking and measuring the impact of event experiences, and reporting outcomes to key stakeholders.
- Interacting with and managing multiple vendors, partners, and a wide range of functional groups within the company to plan and land medium and large scale events.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
Program Manager Required Experience and Skills:
- 5 years of experience in events planning and management
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills
- Strong skills with building, tracking and formulating within Google Sheets
Program Manager Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Developed budget management, negotiation, pitching and presentation skills
- Ability to strategize at a high level and work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Experience with creating and maintaining dashboards, automating process
- Knowledge of the developer relations space and prior experience with developer communities
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more