Senior System Administrator
Senior System Administrator
Remote/ Must be local to Atlanta
12+ Contract with the potential to extend
Senior System Administrator Summary
The Senior System Administrator plans, designs, configures, implements and manages systems and secures servers in highly available configurations across geographically diverse locations. The role collaborates with network and security administrators to ensure compatibility and operability to meet business expectations for performance, availability and strong security. The Senior System Administrator must have strong knowledge of security and security principles. Ideal candidate will manage day-to-day technical team task, provide guidance and ensure alignment with cyber security and architecture design. Position reports to the Director IT Solutions and Support.
Senior System Administrator Duties and Responsibilities:
System cyber security hardening and adherence to cyber security principles required for internet facing ERO Enterprise applications. Applications and Set up, configure, and manage server hardware and operating systems; install, configure, manage, and maintain software; and, research, acquire, test, and install updates as recommended by the manufacturer as best practice. Create and maintain technical documentation for standards, process, procedures, and guidelines for the enterprise technologies.
- Monitor systems against unauthorized activity and access
- Adherence to cyber security policies and process (e.g., NIST 800-171 framework)
- Configuration and use of system security tools (e.g., anti-virus, anti-malware, DNS Security, etc.)
- Identifying threats and creating mitigation steps to defend against them
- Designing, and implementing cyber security system logical group policies
- Responding to vulnerability scanning and creating steps to mitigate findings
- Working closely with cyber security team, network and other system administrators to adhere to cyber security framework
- Hybrid Exchange mail servers and software M365, Exchange Online
- Strong knowledge of cyber security principles required to protect, monitor and ensure email is secure using Email Security Appliances
- Create and manage individual mail boxes per policy; monitor adherence to policy and report deviations to management
- Ability to enforce compliance rules and alerts via Compliance Admin Center
- Back up mail store; document and test restoration procedures on a routine basis. Restore individual mail boxes as required
- In-depth design and working knowledge of Active Directory, Azure Directory Services, Active Directory Federation Services, and Active Directory Connect services
- Establish and manage multi scope and advance DHCP/DNS configurations
- Manage enterprise Group Policy development and deployment
- Configure, update, and maintain login scripts and automated processes
- Install, configure, and manage Web servers and software using IIS and Apache and the professional experience of performance tuning both worker processes and heap size
- Experience configuring cloud VPN tunnels between multi Cloud tenants and On-Perm
- Ability to create and manage Cloud storage in Azure and AWS environment
- Experience managing and deploying Microsoft DLP/ Rights Management using Azure and 365 Click to Run
- Expert knowledge and hands on experience using Powershell locally and with Azure plugin for cloud tenant
- Experience hosting Web Farm behind load balancers such as A10, F5, and/or AVI
- Experience monitoring SaaS and Cloud tenant via tools such as Admin Center, Down Detector, and etc
- Expert Experience configuring and managing MFA using DUO
- Cisco Umbrella deployment for roaming and enterprise multi-site level connectivity using virtual appliance and content filtering rules
- Manage IIS 7.0 – 8.5 server, clusters and services across multiple sites and domains
- Create new web sites, establish virtual directories, and set up DFS and NTFS shares
- Install and manage application delivery controller, web proxy server, software, and services
- Install and test custom.NET applications across multiple sites, segments, and domains
- Storage Area Network (SAN) and Fabric switch configuration and zoning
- Specify, provision, and install hardware and software
- Create and manage data partitions per design specifications
- Monitor usage and prepare reports for management review
- Configure, update, and monitor antivirus/malware software and services
- Acquire, configure, deploy, and maintain controls to meet documented information security requirements, and monitor to ensure effectiveness.
- Participate in security risk assessment activities and assist information security personnel to prepare for and execute security audits
- Work with 3rd party vendors to monitor and respond to security incidents
- Implement and manage controls for user and system account management, access control, and acceptable use
- Assist in the preparation and testing of disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Be familiar with and adhere to Information Technology Security Policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Senior System Administrator Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related area from an accredited college or university 8 to 10 years of systems administration experience in a large enterprise environment
- Expert knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Active Directory 2016-2022 and ADFS Working knowledge of Active Directory Services, Exchange Online and network, system, and 365 security monitoring tools
- Minimum of 5 years of PowerShell with Azure 365 and EOL experience
- IIS 7.0 – 10.0, VmWare, Cisco UCS systems
- Intermediate Linux administration skills (Ubuntu / CentOS) desired
- System management tools (e.g. SCCM and Endpoint Manager)
- System backup (Veeam, Cloud Storage, and Rubrik)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to translate complex technology concepts into user-friendly terms
- Minimum 5 years of Azure and AWS hands on experience
- Minimum 3 years working in Azure Security and Compliance Center
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Physical ability to lift heavy equipment
Senior System Administrator Other
Dependable, energetic, and detail-oriented
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multitask and task switch as needed
- Must be an excellent communicator and able to work in a Team Environment
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Participation in 24×7 on call rotation required. Required participation in 24×7 on-call rotation
- Some Travel necessary
- Job is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Open to a candidate within a couple hours drive time distance for when needed to come to the data center in Atlanta.
Synergis is a workforce solutions partner serving thousands of businesses and job seekers nationwide. Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total Experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals. Learn more about Synergis at www.synergishr.com. Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Disclosure: The hourly pay range for this position is $65.00 to $80.00/hr. (dependent on factors including but not limited to client requirements, experience, statutory considerations, and location). Benefits available to full-time employees: medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 401k. * Note: Disclosure as required by the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (CO), NYC Pay Transparency Law, and sb5761 (WA).
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more