Senior System Administrator (O365)
Senior System Administrator (O365)
O365 Systems Administrator
Remote within AL, GA, MS, TN, TX, FL, VA, DC, IL, IN, NC, SC
Top skills –
Microsoft Exchange on-prem and Exchange Online
Microsoft Office 365
This position is responsible for implementing, maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting electronic communications infrastructure and user connectivity to email services. Supported solutions include Microsoft Exchange (hybrid), Outlook clients (desktop, mobile, and web), Microsoft 365/Azure, SMTP, ProofPoint Email Gateway, RightFax Electronic Faxing, Microsoft Teams, and mobile messaging support.
Location – Must reside within company footprint AL, GA, MS, TN, TX, FL, VA, DC, IL, IN, NC, SC
Education / Experience:
- Experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Office 365 required
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience administering Microsoft Exchange on-prem and Exchange Online required
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field highly desired
- Previous experience administering Proofpoint products highly desired
- Experience with mail routing and email security desired
- PowerShell scripting or other script language experience highly desired
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills
- Strong ability to learn new technology and consume information quickly
- Strong research, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the electronic communications products listed in the job summary
- Expert knowledge of capacity planning and disaster recovery issues in an Exchange environment
- Competent knowledge in the use of PowerShell for configuration/administration and scripting operational tasks
- Ability to implement technical functionality to gain the maximum value for the business
- Specific knowledge of data networking, computer system security, and general knowledge of other technology infrastructure components
- High level of knowledge working in MS Windows operating systems at both the server & workstation level
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on commitments
- Ability to negotiate with and influence others – internally as well as vendors
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to provide and accept feedback
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Leadership in both the technical and business aspects of messaging services
- Takes ownership of work assignments and personal career development
- Working knowledge of Instant Messaging and Microsoft Teams a plus
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configure and implement electronic communications services in accordance with the chosen strategies
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve problems involving electronic communications and perform root cause analysis
- Daily administration of electronic communications services/software including Exchange, M365 (Exchange Online), Proofpoint, Outlook, mail routing, etc.
- Follow standard processes for hardware / software support and project completion
- Work with vendors to ensure purchased entitlements are fully leveraged and issues are resolved satisfactorily
- Identify, develop, validate and document work processes and automations that increase team effectiveness and promote self-service
- Monitor application performance and identify performance improvement options and monitoring opportunities
- Provide second-level support to other areas, both within the Technology Organization and within the business
- Diagnose and resolve client problems within service level time frames
- Contribute to and implement project plans according to Productivity Technologies guidelines
- Research and make recommendations for implementation and communication of new features and capabilities within the Microsoft 365 suite
- Develop and maintain good client relationships
- Communicate progress, problems and best practices to management, leads and team
For immediate consideration, please contact Denise Wicks: Dwicks@SynergisIT.com If you require assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact us at DWicks@SynergisIT.com.
Synergis ( www.synergishr.com ) serves the needs of leading technology firms, carefully matching talent to full-time, contract or project positions. Synergis recruiters have been a driving force of the tech space for over twenty two years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more