Senior UX Researcher
Senior UX Researcher
6 Month Contract
The User Experience Researcher provides a unique opportunity to play a critical role in a growing global digital business for our client. This key member of the Customer Experience team will help build a vision for digital initiatives that drive the voice of the customer. This position will work closely with the product management, user experience, and technical teams to provide leadership skills and oversight of projects, people, and services.
Senior UX Researcher Responsibilities:
- Strong communicator and collaborator with the ability to advocate for the user
- Ability to educate about the value of usability research, methodologies, and practices
- Use a diverse set of user research tools and methodologies to gather and analyze data
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies
- Conduct primary and secondary user research
- Conduct, evaluate, and interpret quantitative and qualitative research
- Perform ethnographic research and competitive market analysis
- Interpret and advocate research findings to diverse audiences both written andoral presentations
- Ability to use analytic tools and reports to explore usability issues to discover patterns and previously hidden insights to enhance the usability of GPC’s digital properties
- Experience collaborating with crucial engineering teams to provide user’s feedback and suggestions to improve the customer experience constantly and overall success of the solutions implemented
- Extensive experience creating testing plans, A/B, and multivariate tests.
- Ability to provide critical feedback and strategic UX support during beta pilots and post-launch deployment
Senior UX Researcher Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience in user experience research, testing, and user experience design
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, recruiting, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to communicate the research process, finding, and propose recommendations to stakeholders and team members
- Expertise in all aspects of research methods including ethnographies, persona segmentation, one-on-one interviews, workshops, surveys, and focus groups
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving
- Demonstrates a detail-oriented mindset
- Experience of working in a global and virtual environment
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- A collaborative attitude
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in human-computer interaction, human factors, or cognitive psychology
About Our Client:
Synergis’s client is a distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australasia. The Company also distributes industrial replacement parts in the U.S., Canada and Mexico through its Motion Industries subsidiary. S. P. Richards Company, the Office Products Group, distributes business products in the U.S. and in Canada. The Electrical/Electronic Group, EIS, Inc., distributes electrical and electronic components throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. The company had 2014 revenues of $15.3 billion.
Synergis is a workforce solutions partner serving thousands of businesses and job seekers nationwide. Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total Experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals. Learn more about Synergis at www.synergishr.com. Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more