Senior UX Researcher
Contract To Hire
Senior UX Researcher
6-month contract to hire w/ Cable Television company (medical, dental and vision benefits offered)
100% Remote (candidates MUST be local to Florida, Georgia, Virginia, New England, Ohio, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Arizona, California, Nevada or Idaho at the time)
- expert in Experience Research and qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. Can request and consume analytics and metrics to inform problem space or identify areas of opportunity. Has advanced understanding. Typically assigned to larger, highly complex projects requiring independent decision-making. Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact operational results. Identifies areas of unmet customer needs through research and analysis. May serve as a consultative resource with the design team during the solutioning process. Operates with a wide scope of latitude within operational parameters. May identify critical and controversial findings/issues. Aids in negotiation with team and superiors on ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results. Contributes to Research roadmap requiring single to multiple year plans. Under limited supervision, consults on Research activities. Supports champions, cross-functional teams and executive stakeholders on Research & Analytics ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results. As individual contributor, influences others through example as opposed to direct leadership.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate user research studies leveraging various methodologies including, but not limited to, observation lab studies, ethnographic research, iterative usability tests, phone interviews, and co-design, ideation and other types of workshops
- Compile study data and conduct analysis to develop personas, behavioral patterns, user stories, actionable findings and other relevant insights to communicate the user perspective
- Prepare and present insights and user stories to infuse empathy, engagement and passion for the human experience in design and business decision making
- Collaborate and communicate with team members and stakeholders throughout the process
- Write reports, create visuals, presentations and timelines in support of department or business operations
- Interpret operational requirements for inclusion in studies and analysis
- Provide recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assist in design development to support change initiatives
- Work to assist or deliver research & analytic projects under the supervision of others
- Support capability development within the delivery organization, including: reviews, gap assessments and work to source and deliver strategies under the supervision of others
- Conduct business impact analyses and validation studies and market research through all stages: concept formulation, definition of metrics, determination of appropriate evaluation methodology, research evaluation, and final research report
- Facilitate meetings and presentations to senior leadership
- Participate in meetings and presentations to senior leadership
- Is part of small teams of researchers and/or designers on special projects or major studies
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 or more years of experience in related field (i.e., Human Factors, User Experience Research, etc.).
- 3 or more years of experience if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline. Master's degree in a related discipline strongly preferred.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more