Site Reliability Engineer
Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Duration: 12 Month Contract
Site Reliability Engineer Responsibilities:
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with “operability” in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Participate in a 24×7 rotation for second-tier escalations.
Site Reliability Engineer Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- 2+ years experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux
- UNIX/Linux systems administration background.
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Java/Scala, or C)
Site Reliability Engineer Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role.
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration.
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics
- MySQL or any other RDBMS experience is good to have.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more