Site Reliability Engineer
Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Anticipated Duration: 12 Month Contract
Location: Remote (PST)
Synergis' client is looking for a strong communicator with DevOps or a System Administration background to work as a SRE. This candidate will be working on a team that focuses on compliance tools.
Site Reliability Engineer Responsibilities:
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with “operability” in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Participate in a 24×7 rotation for second-tier escalations.
Site Reliability Engineer Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- 2+ years experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux
- UNIX/Linux systems administration background.
- Programming skills (Python – preferred or Java)
Site Reliability Engineer Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role.
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration.
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more