Title: Software Engineer
Duration: 5 Month Contract
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
• Design and implement large-scale distributed systems
• Build frameworks that validate functionality and performance of large scale offline systems
• Optimize the performance of these systems by profiling and identifying bottlenecks
• Build systems that are secure and compliant
• Improve observability and understandability of the various systems
• Work with different teams within the Big Data Platform group to leverage their work and vice versa
• Work closely with the open-source community to participate and influence cutting edge open-source projects (e.g. Apache Iceberg, Apache Gobblin, Apache Spark)
Software Engineer Required Education and Experience:
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent technical experience
• 1+ year(s) of relevant professional experience
Software Engineer Preferred Experience and Skills:
• 2+ years of experience in software design and development, including work with distributed systems.
• At least one year of professional experience working with Java.
• Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto) is a plus.
• Experience in data management, relational databases, and/or large-data environments is also preferred.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more