SQL Server DBA
SQL Server DBA
SQL Server DBA
Atlanta, GA 30308 (Mainly remote but need to go in for meetings as needed)
This position will be embedded in several teams who are building and supporting applications for the database systems.
The DBA will:
- Work with stakeholders – both in the business and the technology organization, to preserve performance and supportability of the database.
- Fulfill tasks across multiple database environments and enforce standards and best practices at the database level while working with developers.
- Assist with the development of database code and stored procedures and will advise on approaches and recommendations for database configurations and custom code changes to improve the program unit’s performance.
- Assist developers with query requests by gathering, building, and providing examples of optimal solutions, checking for proper indexing of appropriate database objects, tracing and capturing database metrics, and offering recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Manage and configure the change data capture (CDC) processes to audit SQL Server data, create database instances, advise on best practices to sustain database availability, and support high-tiered applications and reporting processes running against mirrored databases.
- Assist with the development and communication of support plans for database configurations. This position also requires familiarity with Project Management methodologies.
- Assist with creating and coordinating parallel system cutover and disaster recovery plans, and with architecting enterprise tiering solutions.
- Be responsible for reviewing complex SQL generated by the Entity Framework and will work closely with the lead DBA to identify code that needs to be rewritten or optimized.
- Have extensive experience with enterprise systems that support OLTP, OLAP and reporting applications, and tools and utilities used to administer databases and support database-centric applications.
- Have hands-on experience with SQL Server installation in clustered and non-clustered environments, service pack installations, and security updates.
- Be able to stand up, administer, and troubleshoot Always On, CDC, Clustering, database mirroring and data replication solutions.
- Be well-versed and experienced in installation, configuration, and diagnosis of SSIS (projects, packages), SSRS (Reports) and SSAS (cubes) components of SQL Server environments. They will be included in the on-call rotation schedule to support all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule, support all phases of the SDLC and must live within a commutable distance from the office in Atlanta.
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years Microsoft SQL Server experience in a production DBA support role, ideally supporting production enterprise systems with COTS applications and heavy custom coded components.
- 7+ database deployment planning, including both infrastructure and database management approaches for deploying critical applications on SQL Server.
- Experience documenting such efforts is also required.
- 7+ years of SSIS deployment and support of, and collaboration with, ETL developers on the SSIS platform.
- 7+ years tuning and rewriting SQL queries (T-SQL).
- 7+ years migrating databases across various environments to support the System Development Life Cycle.
- 5+ years upgrading Microsoft SQL Server (2014, 2016, 2017, 2019).
- 4+ years SQL Server change data capture experience.
- 5+ years supporting SQL Server Always On, Availability groups, and database mirroring.
- Experience with Agile methodology and tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with Waterfall methodology.
Additional Competency Qualifications:
- Being self-motivated, curious, and passionate about helping to make a project successful.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented and collaborative.
- Fast learner who is equally proficient as an individual contributor or as a team member.
- MS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with conceptual, logical and physical database design.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Azure (Databricks), and other cloud technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Entity Framework and Code First approach.
- Experience working across many teams to deliver complex technical software in a large organization.
- Being self-motivated, curious, and passionate about architecting solutions that are flexible and scalable.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Business and IT Groups
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to prepare status reports and provide project status in daily stand-up meetings.
- Experience in providing solutions using Scale-out and/or Scale-up features.
- Experience with 3rd party SQL Server monitoring and diagnostic tools.
For immediate consideration, please contact Denise Wicks: Dwicks@SynergisIT.com If you require assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact us at DWicks@SynergisIT.com.
Synergis ( www.synergishr.com ) serves the needs of leading technology firms, carefully matching talent to full-time, contract or project positions. Synergis recruiters have been a driving force of the tech space for over twenty two years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more