Do you want to do something that matters?
Putting people to work is one of the most important roles one can perform. Here at Synergis, that’s what we do. We make a major impact in people’s lives by helping them find work with great companies.
Synergis is hiring a Senior Staff Accountant in our Alpharetta office.
Senior Staff Accountant Core Responsibilities:
· Assist in reviewing and ensuring the accuracy of General Ledger by analyzing, processing and managing cash and fixed assets, performing accrual-based accounting, and maintaining month-end processing
· Ensure timely and accurate payment to employees by assisting with administering time-keeping system and processing payroll; maintaining records according to company policies; preparing reports to track commissions, consultant hours, revenue, and expenses; and serving as a contact for pay, time or attendance related inquiries.
· Assist with reporting the financial health of the organization by developing, analyzing, and interpreting data related to profitability, performance against budget and prior periods, and other accounting information.
· Assist in summarizing, analyzing, and forecasting the financial position and business activity of the company by revising, improving, and furnishing reports in areas of income, expenses, earnings, and cash needs; provide recommendations to management
· Assist in, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
· Advise and make recommendations to management about financial issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
· Facilitate management strategic decision making by preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports
· Ensure compliance for state and local payroll, property, sales, and city taxes
· Determine financial implications associated with client contracts by reviewing and assessing payment terms, background screening costs, and business insurance coverage requirements; advise management to any concerns or issues.
· Ensure payroll is properly reported and the sales are recorded to match the cost of sales by reviewing payroll reports and sales reports.
· Facilitate workflow efficiency, strategy, and company growth by actively participating in meetings, openly communicating ideas and observations, and working collaboratively with others.
· Mitigates risk and ensures all processes within the scope of responsibility are in compliance with company policies.
Senior Staff Accountant Required Qualifications:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· 5 years of experience as a Staff Accountant
As a team member at Synergis, you'll love to take advantage of….
- Three weeks of paid time off – increases every year up to 5 weeks off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Program
- And More!
If you are interested in this position, please contact Brooke Norber by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer