Staff Product Designer
Staff Product Designer
Anticipated Duration: 3-month contract to hire (medical, dental & vision benefits offered for enrollment)
Every great story has a new beginning. Our client is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. They are home to the world’s best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join them as they step into the next chapter.
This is their story
They are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. They are born from the spirit of innovation. They are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. They are the home of the global digital revolution.
As a Staff Product Designer, you are a member of the world-class Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. We are driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Staff Product Designer is an experienced user experience designer who leads & collaborates with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, editors, and data scientists to build and grow Digital product experiences that inform & engage our users and impact our bottom line. This role is focused on building experiences for expanding reach, engaging our most loyal and engaged users.
The Staff Product Designer Daily
- Leads & executes across all phases of the design process from conception to implementation to include (but not limited to) wireframing, prototyping, and visual design.
- Plans & executes user research and gathers qualitative data to help build hypothesis & design recommendations.
- Frequently partners & collaborates with internal stakeholder leads (Product Management, Engineering etc.) to ensure consistency with broader Product goals and company objectives.
- Strong demonstrated understanding & implementation of internal design process.
- Proactively Identifies & provides thoughtful solutions to complex design problems.
- May review work and provide direction to more junior level staff.
The Staff Product Designer Essentials
- Design Portfolio demonstrating strong UX and visual design solutions, with an emphasis on identifying and meaningfully solving true user problems.
- 8+ years professional experience, specifically as a Product Designer.
- Cross platform experience including mobile, web and 10ft/OTT preferred.
- Mastery in UX software such as Sketch, Figma etc.
- Prototyping skills a plus
- Foundational understanding HTML and CSS.
- Strong track record to execute on product design strategy, mentor designers, and partner with cross-functional team members.
- Experience building world class product experiences and streamline workflows with continuous iteration and improvement.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
About Our Client:
Our client is a multinational cable news channel headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. It was founded in 1980 as a 24-hour cable news channel.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more