Title: Systems Administrator
Duration: 9 Month Contract
Location: San Francisco, CA
IT – End User Computing is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced and high pressure environment as an IT Support Technician. This individual must be a seasoned IT professional capable of providing end user support for a global workforce.
Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
- Provides IT desktop support to the product end-user community, this includes all desktop computing hardware and software and peripherals.
- Makes timely and accurate diagnosis of system related problems and determining between hardware, software and network related problems, and work in conjunction with other IT or operations/engineering groups to provide resolution.
- Will be required to lead problem resolution activities in order to get technology incidents and problems resolved.
- Will be expected to take ownership for assigned incidents and problems, and contact required resources both inside and outside the company necessary to resolve the problem, with minimum supervision.
- Responds to request for service with experience and compliance in established time limits.
- Develops/maintains support document for use by all levels of support personnel as well as end-user documentation.
- Identifies and solves any problems that affect desktop computer operating systems and troubleshoots routine problems and maintenance of systems.
- Trains employees and orients them on how to use computer hardware and software applications.
- Supports drive imaging for desktop/laptop systems.
- Participates in weekly meetings with Global Service Desk staff to get updates and discuss Help Desk related matters; perform other duties as assigned.
- Committed to all components of Corporate IT availability as they will act as both an incident and problem manager for any issues impacting local or remote offices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Systems Administrator Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in 1st/2nd/3rd level Corporate IT support, gained in a multi-site IT operations environment
- A+ Certification
- Proven experience of configuring and administrating workstations/laptops and associated software
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to take ownership of the work assigned, and deliver results timely, reliably and correctly
- Experience working on small projects and delivering against timelines.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Must be self-managed and a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications capable of delivering at a senior level.
- Must have working knowledge across all the IT disciplines including hardware, software, and connectivity.
- Capable of proactively recommending effective courses of action, communicate resolution, policy and procedures to the various IT stakeholders, management, and end user population.
- Proven time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with individuals at the supervisor/team manager level.
- Must be dynamic, innovative and capable of garnering the respect and high level trust required by the help desk and IT teams for this position to be successful.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with remote teams in a fast paced environment
Systems Administrator Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with Remedy and Service Now ITSM Tools
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco CCNA certification
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application installation and support
- Knowledge of server and network communications equipment, protocols (i.e. DNS and TCPIP), transmission media, security and network management practices
- Experience with Windows 10 Operating systems and associated applications
- Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application support
- Experience with Lenovo parts ordering and hardware repair
- Experience supporting MAC OS and MAC hardware (Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro)