Title: UX / Interaction Designer
Anticipated Duration: 12 Month Contract
Location: Mountain View, CA
- Enhancing existing safety features (safety check, emergency recording) to serve long-overdue top user requests
- Exploring new experiences for earthquake alerts
- Exploring safety experiences on Tablet and home use cases
- Preparing marketing materials
UX / Interaction Designer Overall Responsibilities
- Own the end-to-end UX process from concept to implementation.
- Develop user journeys, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design concepts and ideas
- Produce high-quality designs and detailed specs across platforms/devices, and work with engineers to implement designs to spec, accommodating technical constraints when they arise.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners across multiple teams
- Advocate for the user, practice user-centric design methods, and partner with UX research to learn, iterate, and drive designs forward in a fast-paced environment.
- Apply existing and new design patterns for feature-level needs, contribute to and extend the design system
- Prepare assets for research or marketing needs
UX / Interaction Designer Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
- Collaborate with PMs to refine product definition and explore UX options to satisfy the product goals
- Collaborate with designers and researchers to iterate on UX options. Present in respective team and UX reviews.
- Communicate with engineers to answer questions and support quality product delivery.
UX / Interaction Designer Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of industry experience. Experience designing mobile products
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Content Strategists and Product Managers throughout the design process
- Creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrates experiences crafting high quality, usable digital mobile interfaces
UX / Interaction Designer Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with Material design
- Experience in responsive design and different device ratios
- Experience designing across multiple platforms