Windows System Analyst
3 year anticipated contract duration w/ potential to convert
Remote in GA, AL, or MS
W2 with full benefits
This position is responsible for engineering, implementing, and supporting Windows server platforms, Windows operating systems and related system software such as Active Directory, OSD, DFS, Microsoft Clustering, Hyper-V, etc. This is a 7x24x365 support organization and some after-hours work is required.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or MIS is desired or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience and knowledge of Windows server hardware platforms and other components (CPU, clusters, storage area networks, disk and tape arrays.)
- Strong experience and knowledge of Windows server operating systems
- Solid foundational knowledge of Hyper V and VMware environments
- Strong experience and knowledge of Dell hardware
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DFS, DNS, DHCP
- Demonstrated knowledge of scripting for automation, PowerShell is a plus
- Basic knowledge of compliance and security policies
- Ability to provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Operating Systems on virtual and physical platforms.
- General knowledge of information technologies (those currently used within the system and new technologies)
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments.
- High initiative
- Ability to negotiate with and influence others – internally as well as vendors
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere as well as work independently
- Ability to provide and accept feedback
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate Our Values: Safety First, Unquestionable trust, Superior Performance, and Total Commitment
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of how activities impact function budget
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineering, installation and maintenance of Windows server hardware and operating systems.
- Engineering and Administration of Windows systems and software in large scale, cross functional deployments
- Provide second-level support to other areas both within and outside of IT.
- Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion, problem resolution and change management.
- Provide full life-cycle management for servers and system software.
- Diagnose and resolve problems to meet service level expectations.
- Participate in departmental initiatives.
- Communicate progress, problems, and best practices to management, leads and teammates.
Day to day troubleshooting and resolution of windows server issues, using knowledge of Active Directory and windows systems, including hardware and system software issues and support.
What does the day to day look like?
Engineering and Administration of Windows systems and software in large scale, cross functional deployments Provide second-level support to other areas both within and outside of IT. Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion, problem resolution and change management. Provide full life-cycle management for servers and system software. Diagnose and resolve problems to meet service level expectations.
The hourly pay range for this position is $40-58/hr (dependent on factors including but not limited to client requirements, experience, statutory considerations, and location). Benefits available to full-time employees: medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k and commuter benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (CO), NYC Pay Transparency Law, and sb5761 (WA).
To apply for this job please visit synergishr.workllama.com.
Our digital world has accelerated the need for businesses to build IT ecosystems that enable growth and innovation along with enhancing the Total experience (TX). Synergis partners with our clients at the intersection of talent and transformation to scale their balanced teams of tech, digital and creative professionals.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Learn more